• News
  • Entertaiment

Trunk-or-treats in Searcy start this weekend - The Daily Citizen

Three blocks north on North Main Street, the Seymour Nazarene Church is holding its SNC Fall Festival, including a trunk-or-treat event for children. It starts at 7:30 p.m. and "heads will roll". Community Party from 6-8 p.m.at Bell-Herron Middle School with games, prizes and a DJ.

The Nanticoke City Events Committee will host Trunk or Treat at Greater Nanticoke Area Senior High School from 5 to 7 p.m. The merchants association will give out free glow jewelry and hold costume contests for children ages 15 and under.

Audrey Hepburn was spotted at the event, as were Snow White, Pirates and a host of other fun characters.

Wild Zoo Halloween - 10 a.m.to 5 p.m.; 3411 Sherman Blvd.; $5 admission, $9 for admission plus treat and $4 baby treat ticket; 427-6800 or www.kidszoo.org; ends Sunday.

Trunk or Treat also coincides with the Downtown Business Council's Halloween Handout, which takes place in Fort Saskatchewan's downtown core from 2 to 5 p.m.

FFA Trunk or Treat 4 to 6 p.m.at White County Agri-science Center.

- Court Drive Church of Christ's Trunk or Treat, 1434 Court Drive, 6-8 p.m., October 31. A free, pet-friendly event, there will be treats for the pets and a time for them to play with one another.

Games, a bounce house, Knockerballs, a hayride and more will highlight the annual Trunk or Treat to be held Saturday at Veteran's Memorial Park, 1650 Buchanan Blvd. Participants are encouraged to put on their favorite running or walking shoes and Halloween costume.

On the day of Halloween, kids have a large variety of trick-or-treating options. Mall tenants had complained the event had, in effect, turned the mall into a children's playground.

Leave Your Comment

Leave Your Comment

Latest News

• Nokia 9 Back Cover Leaked Dual Cameras Confirmed

Nokia 9 Back Cover Leaked Dual Cameras Confirmed

So far, Nokia has launched four Android smartphones in India- the Nokia 3 , the Nokia 5, the Nokia 6, and the flagship Nokia 8 . This - Nokia 2 - is expected to be the cheapest Android phone by the company until date - cheaper than Nokia 3.
    Post-hurricane investing: How to look for win-win opportunities

To put that in perspective, it's roughly four times the amount that fell in Roanoke, over four days, producing the flood of 1985. A FAMILY of five have endured a tough few weeks as they have battled with the after math of Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico.
    ZTE Disrupts the Conventional Mobile Design with Dual Screen

Apps that haven't been optimized won't recognize the gap - where the hinge that connects the two displays is - in the middle. The ZTE Axon M will be available in the next month for $24.17 for 30 months ($725 full retail price) and only on AT&T .
  • Microsoft Discontinues Production of the Kinect

That meant getting the console at its most expensive time, as well as being force-bundled with the Kinect . Although production of the Kinect has been halted, it will continue to be used for different purposes.
    McConnell: Trump Touched on Tax Reform, Nominees, Opioids

Thanksgiving holiday, echoing Trump's call to speed up the party's efforts to get the measure approved before year's end. Ryan said he wants the House to pass the Republican tax cut bill by the November 23 U.S.
    Visceral Games' Star Wars Title To Be Redesigned Following Studio Closure

The original game, under Hennig's direction, was expected to arrive in 2018; that window no longer applies to the new project. Despite the weaknesses of the third entry, the Dead Space trilogy still holds a place in the hearts of many horror fans.
  • OnePlus 5T specifications Revealed through Antutu Listing

OnePlus 5T specifications Revealed through Antutu Listing

Yes, this one is going to sting if you've just mustered the courage to buy a OnePlus 5, and I still can't wrap my head around it. But while we are still waiting for it official announcement, OnePlus 5T has surfaced online along with price and specifications.
    Men join #MeToo campaign with #HowIWillChange tweets

My attacker, a boy who I thought was my friend - my equal, my homecoming date - took advantage of me in the place I felt safest. I shrugged them off and stashed the experiences so deeply in my psyche's Junk folder that I forgot about them - until now.
    Goodell: NFL not changing anthem policy

Goodell: NFL not changing anthem policy

He commended the players for their "great character" and a "deep understanding" of the issues in their communities. The players want nothing less than the complete, unwavering support of the league office for their protests.
  • USA  warns of

USA warns of "Bad Rabbit" ransomware that hit computers in Europe

However, ESET, a Czech Republic-based security company said that, like NotPetya , Bad Rabbit is a variant of the Petya ransomware. The scheme of the new virus resembles earlier ones and similar vulnerabilities can be used to spread it, the top manager noted.
    Pune ODI engulfed in corruption scandal

Pune ODI engulfed in corruption scandal

The hosts are in trial mode, resting players and testing combinations as they have their eyes set on the 2019 World Cup. We have taken a good look at the videos, how they played and from where [lengths] they sweep and things like that.
    Sam's Grading The Pack Week 7: I Miss The Old Brett

His three rushes for 44 Yards and a touchdown was the only thing keeping him from an even worse grade this week. Should Brett Hundley be the starting quarterback moving forward? His longest completion went for only 14 yards.
  • Dolphins look for measure of revenge in rematch with Jets

Dolphins look for measure of revenge in rematch with Jets

The offense got in gear as Jarvis Landry had 93 yards receiving and extended his streak to three games with a touchdown reception. On Sunday, Adams will be paired up against Dolphins tight end Julius Thomas who has 21 catches for 108 yards with no touchdowns.
    Obamacare Rates Unlikely To Decrease In 2018 Says U. Health Plans CEO

Government insurance on the Exchange will be cheap and buyers will flock to the single payer remaining, the Federal Government. They said the low-income individuals affected by this move would likely face higher co-payments and other out-of-pocket costs.
    'The Punisher': New Trailer Unveiled and Release Date Finally Revealed

The vengeful character first appeared in Marvel's Daredevil , Netflix's first Marvel series, and has a starring role in its sixth. Not only that, but it's the most revealing look at Frank Castle (and his life before he became a vigilante) we've had yet.
  • Taylor Swift naked in new music video

One user questioned the fans' hand placements October 15, writing, "why are your hands on her stomach??? is she pregnant or what". She has a whole new crop of ex-boyfriends to admonish in her songs and projects a far more sexual image.
    Is Skechers USA, Inc. (NYSE:SKX) A Safe Bet For Investors?

The Magic Formula was devised and made popular by Joel Greenblatt in his book "The Little Book That Beats the Market". On a percent-of-sales basis, NKE's free cash flow was 0% while SKX converted 4.14% of its revenues into cash flow.
    YWCA's Week Without Violence aims to help women

Representatives from the Women's Center of Montgomery County will be available to discuss domestic abuse and related issues. Harbor House CEO Michelle Sperzel told News 6 that the most risky time for victims is when they leave their abusers.

Breaking News

Recommended

Tottenham Hotspur forward Harry Kane to miss Manchester United clash

Kane's participation could also be in doubt against Real Madrid, which could determine which club will finish top of the group. Pochettino said it was only a "small issue" but he did not want to exacerbate the problem by playing him against United.

Google responds to Pixel 2 XL screen burn-in issues

Burn-in, which usually becomes a problem only after several years of activity, can make it hard to see information on the display. Google went for a relatively narrow color gamut to make the colors look more natural, but Android users aren't much used to that.

Amazon Profits Wafer Thin As Revenues Soar, AWS Biggest Contributor

Amazon generated 59 percent of its sales in North America, where it is now scouting a site for a second company headquarters. Amazon sales increased by 34 percent during the third quarter to $43.7 billion, the e-commerce giant reported on Thursday.

IPhone X Is Officially Available for Pre-Order - Place Yours Now

What this means is that you will need to sport a fast trigger finger when you're placing the pre-order for the device. The iPhone X was announced a month ago during Apple's September event alongside the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus .

Reviewing the Insider Trends for Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD)

Over a month, it has seen its stock price volatility to stay at 2.4% while shortening the period to a week, volatility was 2.66%. The stock is now moving above its 20-Day Simple Moving Average of 4.82% with a 50-Day Simple Moving Average of 8.73 percent.

Who needs drones when Amazon Key delivers packages into your home?

And Amazon said the deliveries are carried out by drivers who are vetted with background checks and driving record reviews. To deliver your orders even when you are not home you , Amazon thinks of having found the key, or rather the lock.

OnePlus 5T images, tagline revealed

It appears OnePlus will be ready to unveil the OnePlus 5T soon, and it to be more than just a minor upgrade from the OnePlus 5 . As per the recent leaks , the OnePlus 5T will come with a 6-inch 18:9 screen but with dimension similar to current model.

Jacksonville Jaguars roll into Indianapolis and shut out the Colts 27-0

Though the Colts stink, it was impressive to see the Jaguars play a completely dominant brand of football from start to finish. Until Sunday, Bortles' most productive game this season was 244 passing yards in a Week 3 victory against Baltimore in London.

The #MeToo movement in social media — TEXAS VIEW

Women have taken to social media to share horrific stories of how they too have been victims of abuse at the hands of men. Call out friends/family when they post sexist and misogynistic content on Whatsapp groups and make them safe for women.

Garmin Speak adds Amazon Alexa to your vehicle for $149

When you do call out for Alexa, the volume on the Sonos one will duck out to a lower volume so that you don't have to shout. That's not to say that the PLAY:1 is a slouch by any means, but the Sonos One does sound better than the PLAY:1.