• News
  • Entertaiment

Wind advisory issued for Sunday

Wind advisory issued for Sunday

Can't rule out some lingering showers through the morning to about midday on Monday but the heaviest and most of the rain will fall before midnight. There is even the potential for imbedded thunderstorms.

A flash flood watch is in effect, followed by a wind advisory overnight. "A soaking rain will impact the area through this evening, with 1"-3" of rain expected, but potentially over 4" in spots. The westerly winds will be between 25 mph and 35 mph, with some gusts as strong as 60 mph. The highest wind gusts will occur Sunday evening into the morning hours of Monday. We could also see some downed tree branches and potential power outages as we get into Monday and those will pick up further.

An intense but fast-moving storm system will affect us through Monday.

A coastal storm making its way up the East Coast is expected to bring heavy rainfall and powerful wind gusts to New Jersey. Strong winds likely too with scattered power outages possible. Fall leaves, while attractive, will pose threats to clog drainage if not cleared.

"Temperatures will also take a notable downturn on Monday, and the gusty winds will make the air feel that much colder", Elliott said.

Tuesday night - Partly cloudy, with a low around 56.

Delays were already mounting in the Northeast on Sunday morning due to low clouds and rain. By tomorrow afternoon, temperatures should reach the lower and middle 50s. Highs are expected to be in the mid-60s Monday and be back to more seasonal low 70s by Tuesday. The higher end of that range is more likely in central/western CT.

A flash flood watch is also in effect through late Sunday night. The warm front will move to our north Thursday but will remain close enough to keep a chance of showers in the forecast.

Leave Your Comment

Leave Your Comment

Latest News

• Microsoft Discontinues Production of the Kinect

That meant getting the console at its most expensive time, as well as being force-bundled with the Kinect . Although production of the Kinect has been halted, it will continue to be used for different purposes.

Taylor Swift naked in new music video

One user questioned the fans' hand placements October 15, writing, "why are your hands on her stomach??? is she pregnant or what". She has a whole new crop of ex-boyfriends to admonish in her songs and projects a far more sexual image.
    Jacksonville Jaguars roll into Indianapolis and shut out the Colts 27-0

Though the Colts stink, it was impressive to see the Jaguars play a completely dominant brand of football from start to finish. Until Sunday, Bortles' most productive game this season was 244 passing yards in a Week 3 victory against Baltimore in London.
  • Martavis Bryant: Bigger role or I'll leave

Martavis Bryant: Bigger role or I'll leave

It would be unfair to accuse Bryant of lying before having all of the facts, but the timing certainly raises some red flags. To be quite honest, I haven't visited with him because I've had bigger fish to fry. "Let's find a way to use him".
    Obamacare Rates Unlikely To Decrease In 2018 Says U. Health Plans CEO

Government insurance on the Exchange will be cheap and buyers will flock to the single payer remaining, the Federal Government. They said the low-income individuals affected by this move would likely face higher co-payments and other out-of-pocket costs.
    The #MeToo movement in social media — TEXAS VIEW

Women have taken to social media to share horrific stories of how they too have been victims of abuse at the hands of men. Call out friends/family when they post sexist and misogynistic content on Whatsapp groups and make them safe for women.
  • OnePlus 5T specifications Revealed through Antutu Listing

OnePlus 5T specifications Revealed through Antutu Listing

Yes, this one is going to sting if you've just mustered the courage to buy a OnePlus 5, and I still can't wrap my head around it. But while we are still waiting for it official announcement, OnePlus 5T has surfaced online along with price and specifications.
    Animal Crossing Mobile will be revealed this week via Nintendo Direct

We all know that free Android games aren't always free these days, but many of them are very close if you have a little patience. Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp revolves around leaf tickets that are gathered through various activities and completing milestones.
    McConnell: Trump Touched on Tax Reform, Nominees, Opioids

Thanksgiving holiday, echoing Trump's call to speed up the party's efforts to get the measure approved before year's end. Ryan said he wants the House to pass the Republican tax cut bill by the November 23 U.S.
  • Tottenham Hotspur forward Harry Kane to miss Manchester United clash

Tottenham Hotspur forward Harry Kane to miss Manchester United clash

Kane's participation could also be in doubt against Real Madrid, which could determine which club will finish top of the group. Pochettino said it was only a "small issue" but he did not want to exacerbate the problem by playing him against United.
    Google responds to Pixel 2 XL screen burn-in issues

Burn-in, which usually becomes a problem only after several years of activity, can make it hard to see information on the display. Google went for a relatively narrow color gamut to make the colors look more natural, but Android users aren't much used to that.
    Who needs drones when Amazon Key delivers packages into your home?

And Amazon said the deliveries are carried out by drivers who are vetted with background checks and driving record reviews. To deliver your orders even when you are not home you , Amazon thinks of having found the key, or rather the lock.
  • Reviewing the Insider Trends for Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD)

Over a month, it has seen its stock price volatility to stay at 2.4% while shortening the period to a week, volatility was 2.66%. The stock is now moving above its 20-Day Simple Moving Average of 4.82% with a 50-Day Simple Moving Average of 8.73 percent.
    Pune ODI engulfed in corruption scandal

Pune ODI engulfed in corruption scandal

The hosts are in trial mode, resting players and testing combinations as they have their eyes set on the 2019 World Cup. We have taken a good look at the videos, how they played and from where [lengths] they sweep and things like that.
    Dolphins look for measure of revenge in rematch with Jets

The offense got in gear as Jarvis Landry had 93 yards receiving and extended his streak to three games with a touchdown reception. On Sunday, Adams will be paired up against Dolphins tight end Julius Thomas who has 21 catches for 108 yards with no touchdowns.
  • Trunk-or-treats in Searcy start this weekend - The Daily Citizen

Trunk-or-treats in Searcy start this weekend - The Daily Citizen

The Nanticoke City Events Committee will host Trunk or Treat at Greater Nanticoke Area Senior High School from 5 to 7 p.m. The merchants association will give out free glow jewelry and hold costume contests for children ages 15 and under.
    Google is

Google is "investigating" reports of Pixel 2 XL display burn-in ars_ab.settitle(1191773)

The smaller Pixel 2 , with its larger bezels, has a Samsung AMOLED panel. 9to5Google's Pixel 2 XL review unit had this problem. We have discovered that this is not a bug and is instead intended behavior exhibited by the Google Pixel 2 .
    'The Punisher': New Trailer Unveiled and Release Date Finally Revealed

The vengeful character first appeared in Marvel's Daredevil , Netflix's first Marvel series, and has a starring role in its sixth. Not only that, but it's the most revealing look at Frank Castle (and his life before he became a vigilante) we've had yet.

Breaking News

Recommended

WhatsApp FINALLY lets user delete sent messages, here's how to do it

WABetaInfo , a platform that sends out news related to Whatsapp beta versions had first indicated about the rollout. WhatsApp users will be able to delete messages that they have either sent to a group or an individual chat.

Issues in the Republican tax plan — Business Report

It was originally designed in the 1980s to be a supplement to pensions plans, not the main way Americans save for retirement. The yearly maximum pre-tax amount allowed for each employee is $18,000, and it is set to increase next year to $18,500.

Amazon Profits Wafer Thin As Revenues Soar, AWS Biggest Contributor

Amazon generated 59 percent of its sales in North America, where it is now scouting a site for a second company headquarters. Amazon sales increased by 34 percent during the third quarter to $43.7 billion, the e-commerce giant reported on Thursday.

IPhone X Is Officially Available for Pre-Order - Place Yours Now

What this means is that you will need to sport a fast trigger finger when you're placing the pre-order for the device. The iPhone X was announced a month ago during Apple's September event alongside the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus .

Google Faces Pixel 2 Disaster

UBreakiFix now has over 335 retail locations and the company says they've fixed tens of thousands of Pixel smartphones already. We were also told that two of these devices will be considered "premium", while the third will fit into the "high" end tier.

USA warns of "Bad Rabbit" ransomware that hit computers in Europe

However, ESET, a Czech Republic-based security company said that, like NotPetya , Bad Rabbit is a variant of the Petya ransomware. The scheme of the new virus resembles earlier ones and similar vulnerabilities can be used to spread it, the top manager noted.

Sam's Grading The Pack Week 7: I Miss The Old Brett

His three rushes for 44 Yards and a touchdown was the only thing keeping him from an even worse grade this week. Should Brett Hundley be the starting quarterback moving forward? His longest completion went for only 14 yards.

Is Skechers USA, Inc. (NYSE:SKX) A Safe Bet For Investors?

The Magic Formula was devised and made popular by Joel Greenblatt in his book "The Little Book That Beats the Market". On a percent-of-sales basis, NKE's free cash flow was 0% while SKX converted 4.14% of its revenues into cash flow.

Post-hurricane investing: How to look for win-win opportunities

To put that in perspective, it's roughly four times the amount that fell in Roanoke, over four days, producing the flood of 1985. A FAMILY of five have endured a tough few weeks as they have battled with the after math of Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico.

Goodell: NFL not changing anthem policy

He commended the players for their "great character" and a "deep understanding" of the issues in their communities. The players want nothing less than the complete, unwavering support of the league office for their protests.