• News
  • World

RCPD gives a few safety tips for Halloween trick-or-treaters

Sheriff Whittington said, "Halloween is a fun and enjoyable night for our children, and my deputies will be concentrating their patrol duties in residential areas to help keep families and children safe".

Cars - Trick-or-treaters: Keep an eye out for cars and look both ways while trick-or-treating in the dark.

Read on to find out if your town is the best for trick-or-treaters. Drive at least 5 miles per hour below the posted speed limit to give yourself extra time to react to children who may dart into the street. On the left-hand side of the page, you'll then have a chance to narrow down the location of the event.

Drive slowly and be careful of children, keeping in mind their costumes might make it hard for them to see and their excitement may lead them to leap before looking. Confirm that costumes allow the wearer to see clearly.

As well, Kim advises parents to put kids in face paint instead of masks, which can limit their sight and make them more prone to tripping.

"It may help to carry a flashlight or have something on the costume that lights up", she said. Customers who wear a Halloween costume to Chipotle any time after 3 p.m. can get a $3 burrito, bowl, salad or order of tacos.

Fred Miller Park's annual BOOFest will be held Monday night from 4:30 p.m.to 8 p.m. with local businesses handing out treats for those who wish to trick-or-treat a day early.

Use a battery operated candle or glow-stick in jack-o-lanterns.

24/7 Wall St. ranked thousands of towns across the US based on a number of measures related to the trick-or-treating experience. Always make sure that children travel in groups, and/or with supervision, and don't enter strangers' homes. "We would definitely ask people to plan ahead and drive slow".

Highly flammable objects like dried flowers, cornstalks and crepe paper should be kept well away from open flames and heat sources, including light bulbs and heaters.

Give out only commercially-wrapped snacks. Just as importantly, make sure that children know not to get into vehicles with strangers. It is unsafe to allow them inside.

Pet owners, too, should do not forget to keep their four-legged friends at home and indoors, where they will be safe from potential harm. Costumes and loud noises may scare them. Should you have an animal issue on your property, contact the Warren Police Department at 908-753-1000.

Leave Your Comment

Leave Your Comment

Latest News

• Issues in the Republican tax plan — Business Report

Issues in the Republican tax plan — Business Report

It was originally designed in the 1980s to be a supplement to pensions plans, not the main way Americans save for retirement. The yearly maximum pre-tax amount allowed for each employee is $18,000, and it is set to increase next year to $18,500.
    Google responds to Pixel 2 XL screen burn-in issues

Burn-in, which usually becomes a problem only after several years of activity, can make it hard to see information on the display. Google went for a relatively narrow color gamut to make the colors look more natural, but Android users aren't much used to that.
    Who needs drones when Amazon Key delivers packages into your home?

And Amazon said the deliveries are carried out by drivers who are vetted with background checks and driving record reviews. To deliver your orders even when you are not home you , Amazon thinks of having found the key, or rather the lock.
  • Tottenham Hotspur forward Harry Kane to miss Manchester United clash

Tottenham Hotspur forward Harry Kane to miss Manchester United clash

Kane's participation could also be in doubt against Real Madrid, which could determine which club will finish top of the group. Pochettino said it was only a "small issue" but he did not want to exacerbate the problem by playing him against United.
    Taylor Swift naked in new music video

Taylor Swift naked in new music video

One user questioned the fans' hand placements October 15, writing, "why are your hands on her stomach??? is she pregnant or what". She has a whole new crop of ex-boyfriends to admonish in her songs and projects a far more sexual image.
    Martavis Bryant: Bigger role or I'll leave

It would be unfair to accuse Bryant of lying before having all of the facts, but the timing certainly raises some red flags. To be quite honest, I haven't visited with him because I've had bigger fish to fry. "Let's find a way to use him".
  • First Legitimate iPhone X Impression Videos Surface Online

First Legitimate iPhone X Impression Videos Surface Online

If you don't have AppleCare+, a screen replacement will run you $279; by comparison, an iPhone 8 screen replacement is just $169. The clip went viral, appearing on the trending page of YouTube and getting reposted by numerous Apple fan sites and forums.
    Apple fires iPhone X engineer after daughter's hands-on video goes viral

In 2005 Microsoft fired one of its employees after his son leaked photos of the unreleased Xbox 360 on to the world wide web. Peterson's father can be heard saying in the original video that "I did the Apple Pay on that phone, so I wanted to test it".
    OnePlus 5T images, tagline revealed

OnePlus 5T images, tagline revealed

It appears OnePlus will be ready to unveil the OnePlus 5T soon, and it to be more than just a minor upgrade from the OnePlus 5 . As per the recent leaks , the OnePlus 5T will come with a 6-inch 18:9 screen but with dimension similar to current model.
  • Reviewing the Insider Trends for Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD)

Reviewing the Insider Trends for Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD)

Over a month, it has seen its stock price volatility to stay at 2.4% while shortening the period to a week, volatility was 2.66%. The stock is now moving above its 20-Day Simple Moving Average of 4.82% with a 50-Day Simple Moving Average of 8.73 percent.
    Pune ODI engulfed in corruption scandal

Pune ODI engulfed in corruption scandal

The hosts are in trial mode, resting players and testing combinations as they have their eyes set on the 2019 World Cup. We have taken a good look at the videos, how they played and from where [lengths] they sweep and things like that.
    Men join #MeToo campaign with #HowIWillChange tweets

My attacker, a boy who I thought was my friend - my equal, my homecoming date - took advantage of me in the place I felt safest. I shrugged them off and stashed the experiences so deeply in my psyche's Junk folder that I forgot about them - until now.
  • Anthony Joshua beats stand-in opponent Carlos Takam in tough fight

Anthony Joshua beats stand-in opponent Carlos Takam in tough fight

Anthony Joshua insists he remains humble and hungry ahead of Saturday's world heavyweight title defence against Carlos Takam. The fight was paused near the start of round 9 as the doctors needed to look at Takam's cuts, who let the fight continue.
    Sam's Grading The Pack Week 7: I Miss The Old Brett

His three rushes for 44 Yards and a touchdown was the only thing keeping him from an even worse grade this week. Should Brett Hundley be the starting quarterback moving forward? His longest completion went for only 14 yards.
    Jacksonville Jaguars roll into Indianapolis and shut out the Colts 27-0

Though the Colts stink, it was impressive to see the Jaguars play a completely dominant brand of football from start to finish. Until Sunday, Bortles' most productive game this season was 244 passing yards in a Week 3 victory against Baltimore in London.
  • Ouachita Parish Sheriff's Office warns parents of sex offenders on Halloween

Ouachita Parish Sheriff's Office warns parents of sex offenders on Halloween

Police in some towns will follow up with surveillance on the homes of sex offenders to make sure they are in compliance. The website for the statewide sex and violent offender registry is http://www.icrimewatch.net/indiana.php .
    StormTrack Weather: Another cold front moves in Monday night into Tuesday

This morning our 20s, 30s, and 40s will turn into 60s and 70s this afternoon with sunshine and dry condtions. Our next system approaches Friday , bringing a few showers by late afternoon and early evening.
    Trunk-or-treats in Searcy start this weekend - The Daily Citizen

The Nanticoke City Events Committee will host Trunk or Treat at Greater Nanticoke Area Senior High School from 5 to 7 p.m. The merchants association will give out free glow jewelry and hold costume contests for children ages 15 and under.

Breaking News

Recommended

Nintendo Switch sells 7.6 million units worldwide

The famous Japanese video games console maker Nintendo Co Ltd.is expecting its highest earnings in seven years. KitGuru says: The Nintendo Switch is certainly doing well for Nintendo .

Saudi Arabia becomes first country to grant citizenship to robot

Last month, Saudi Arabia announced that it would open itself to VoIP calling services like Skype and WhatsApp . Non-Saudis are rarely given citizenship , despite the kingdom being the birthplace of many of them.

Amazon Profits Wafer Thin As Revenues Soar, AWS Biggest Contributor

Amazon generated 59 percent of its sales in North America, where it is now scouting a site for a second company headquarters. Amazon sales increased by 34 percent during the third quarter to $43.7 billion, the e-commerce giant reported on Thursday.

IPhone X Is Officially Available for Pre-Order - Place Yours Now

What this means is that you will need to sport a fast trigger finger when you're placing the pre-order for the device. The iPhone X was announced a month ago during Apple's September event alongside the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus .

OnePlus 5T specifications Revealed through Antutu Listing

Yes, this one is going to sting if you've just mustered the courage to buy a OnePlus 5, and I still can't wrap my head around it. But while we are still waiting for it official announcement, OnePlus 5T has surfaced online along with price and specifications.

Google Faces Pixel 2 Disaster

UBreakiFix now has over 335 retail locations and the company says they've fixed tens of thousands of Pixel smartphones already. We were also told that two of these devices will be considered "premium", while the third will fit into the "high" end tier.

Animal Crossing Mobile will be revealed this week via Nintendo Direct

We all know that free Android games aren't always free these days, but many of them are very close if you have a little patience. Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp revolves around leaf tickets that are gathered through various activities and completing milestones.

McConnell: Trump Touched on Tax Reform, Nominees, Opioids

Thanksgiving holiday, echoing Trump's call to speed up the party's efforts to get the measure approved before year's end. Ryan said he wants the House to pass the Republican tax cut bill by the November 23 U.S.

Google is "investigating" reports of Pixel 2 XL display burn-in ars_ab.settitle(1191773)

The smaller Pixel 2 , with its larger bezels, has a Samsung AMOLED panel. 9to5Google's Pixel 2 XL review unit had this problem. We have discovered that this is not a bug and is instead intended behavior exhibited by the Google Pixel 2 .

Nokia 9 Back Cover Leaked Dual Cameras Confirmed

So far, Nokia has launched four Android smartphones in India- the Nokia 3 , the Nokia 5, the Nokia 6, and the flagship Nokia 8 . This - Nokia 2 - is expected to be the cheapest Android phone by the company until date - cheaper than Nokia 3.