• News
  • Science

Razer announced Razer phone with first ever 120Hz display

Of course, great visuals need some powerful audio to back them up, and Razer has delivered on that front too. Five years later and with a trio of laptop lines under its belt, Razer turned out to be insane like a fox. Not everyone uses their phone to play games, but everyone who owns a smartphone has access to tens of thousands of games at a moment's notice, whether they're on Android or iOS. The Razer Phone will be available on November 17th in both the USA and Europe.

The Razer Phone is a device built for gamers, not gaming, according to Razer's product marketing manager, mobile business unit, Eric Lin.

The Razer Phone is stately and unassuming at the same time. Razer's three-headed snake logo can also be found on the back, underneath the dual camera arrangement. This is no coincidence, as Razer acquired that company earlier this year. Razer worked on the smartphone with Nextbit. For instance, the Razer Phone has ditched the 3.5 millimeter audio jack. Similarly, the power and volume buttons on the edges are centred so that resting fingers in this position have no chance of accidentally hitting them. A USB Type-C port sits along the bottom. Nay bad. if you can get over the brick-like design. Razer claims it's the loudest handset ever.

The Razer phone is dedicated to gamers, featuring the world's first 120 Hz screen with ultramotion technology, which syncs the GPU signals with the screen, similar to NVidia's gsync technology, preventing lagging or screen tearing. As someone who spent five years covering mobile games nearly exclusively, I'll be the first one to tell you the space has some Problems, mostly revolving around free-to-play mechanics (which are now also infecting AAA console games).

On paper, the Razer Phone sounds like most 2017 flagships, but there's definitely more to it.

Also, let's not gloss over the fact that a full version of Final Fantasy XV is coming to Android. This makes it more rugged than other smartphones and makes sense for gamers.

The UK's popular e-commerce site: 3G.co jumped the gun by listing the long rumoured Razer Phone.

Powering the phone is Qualcomm's Snapdragon 835 mobile processor and 8GB of DDR4 RAM.

Neither phone should have any shortage of space, with the Razer Phone packing in 64GB plus a microSD card slot, while the iPhone 8 comes with a choice of 64GB or 256GB.

Note the time on the phone display. However, that was only after 10 or so minutes of play.

Put away that Bluetooth speaker. Even the headphones feature 24-bit DAC.

Razer is partnering with Square Enix, Tencent and others to provide exciting and competitive gaming to smartphones. I get the front-facing stereo speakers and THX-certified USB 3.0 audio adapter-you want good sound while watching Netflix or showing friends amusing things on YouTube. A beefy 4000 mAh QuickCharge battery. With 8GB of RAM, gaming and multitasking sessions are going to be a breeze. It's one of the largest batteries in a smartphone today. Rapid charging is enabled through Qualcomm's Quick Charge 4.0+ technology. The Razer Phone's beefy battery is obviously meant to facilitate bouts of gaming that can last a few hours at a time, but it should give non-gamers a buffer of battery life that is virtually impossible to find in other flagship phone out there.

A 5.72 inch, 120hz display - meaning the screen refreshes super fast for smoother scrolling and animation/movement in games. "Don't get me wrong, we love making incredible tech but not just for the sake of making the next such-and-such or expanding into new market category". Given the 12-to-18-month hardware pipeline, the odds are high that it was in development before Razer's acquisition.

Leave Your Comment

Leave Your Comment

Latest News

• Morning Buzz: Aviragen Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ:AVIR)

When charted, the RSI can serve as a visual means to monitor historical and current strength or weakness in a certain market. Unusual volume can be a major signal that investment gurus and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst.
    Analysts See Under Armour, Inc. (NYSE:UAA) Rising 12.8%

On average, equities research analysts forecast that Under Armour, Inc . will post $0.37 EPS for the current year. ( UAA ). The simple moving average is a mathematical calculation that takes the average price (mean) for a given amount of time.
    Trunk-or-treats in Searcy start this weekend - The Daily Citizen

The Nanticoke City Events Committee will host Trunk or Treat at Greater Nanticoke Area Senior High School from 5 to 7 p.m. The merchants association will give out free glow jewelry and hold costume contests for children ages 15 and under.
  • Here's the new teaser for The Last of Us Part II

Here's the new teaser for The Last of Us Part II

Especially not in a post-hospital world like this one. "Clip her wings." is probably going to stick with me for awhile. The execution is delayed when a new hostage shows up, and a boy skilled with the bow and arrow saves them.
    Anthony Joshua beats stand-in opponent Carlos Takam in tough fight

Anthony Joshua insists he remains humble and hungry ahead of Saturday's world heavyweight title defence against Carlos Takam. The fight was paused near the start of round 9 as the doctors needed to look at Takam's cuts, who let the fight continue.
    McConnell: Trump Touched on Tax Reform, Nominees, Opioids

Thanksgiving holiday, echoing Trump's call to speed up the party's efforts to get the measure approved before year's end. Ryan said he wants the House to pass the Republican tax cut bill by the November 23 U.S.
  • StormTrack Weather: Another cold front moves in Monday night into Tuesday

StormTrack Weather: Another cold front moves in Monday night into Tuesday

This morning our 20s, 30s, and 40s will turn into 60s and 70s this afternoon with sunshine and dry condtions. Our next system approaches Friday , bringing a few showers by late afternoon and early evening.

Nintendo Switch sells 7.6 million units worldwide

The famous Japanese video games console maker Nintendo Co Ltd.is expecting its highest earnings in seven years. KitGuru says: The Nintendo Switch is certainly doing well for Nintendo .
    Google Faces Pixel 2 Disaster

Google Faces Pixel 2 Disaster

UBreakiFix now has over 335 retail locations and the company says they've fixed tens of thousands of Pixel smartphones already. We were also told that two of these devices will be considered "premium", while the third will fit into the "high" end tier.
  • RCPD gives a few safety tips for Halloween trick-or-treaters

RCPD gives a few safety tips for Halloween trick-or-treaters

Customers who wear a Halloween costume to Chipotle any time after 3 p.m. can get a $3 burrito, bowl, salad or order of tacos. Cars - Trick-or-treaters: Keep an eye out for cars and look both ways while trick-or-treating in the dark.
    Google responds to Pixel 2 XL screen burn-in issues

Burn-in, which usually becomes a problem only after several years of activity, can make it hard to see information on the display. Google went for a relatively narrow color gamut to make the colors look more natural, but Android users aren't much used to that.

Microsoft Discontinues Production of the Kinect

That meant getting the console at its most expensive time, as well as being force-bundled with the Kinect . Although production of the Kinect has been halted, it will continue to be used for different purposes.
  • Favorable trick or treat weather; showers/storms likely Wednesday

Favorable trick or treat weather; showers/storms likely Wednesday

There should be another cold front arriving Thursday , which will cool things off a bit for the end of the week. Wednesday will be partly sunny with a slight chance of showers and highs agains in the mid 50s.
    Wind advisory issued for Sunday

Wind advisory issued for Sunday

We could also see some downed tree branches and potential power outages as we get into Monday and those will pick up further. A coastal storm making its way up the East Coast is expected to bring heavy rainfall and powerful wind gusts to New Jersey.
    Who needs drones when Amazon Key delivers packages into your home?

And Amazon said the deliveries are carried out by drivers who are vetted with background checks and driving record reviews. To deliver your orders even when you are not home you , Amazon thinks of having found the key, or rather the lock.
  • Apple fires iPhone X engineer after daughter's hands-on video goes viral

Apple fires iPhone X engineer after daughter's hands-on video goes viral

In 2005 Microsoft fired one of its employees after his son leaked photos of the unreleased Xbox 360 on to the world wide web. Peterson's father can be heard saying in the original video that "I did the Apple Pay on that phone, so I wanted to test it".
    WhatsApp FINALLY lets user delete sent messages, here's how to do it

WABetaInfo , a platform that sends out news related to Whatsapp beta versions had first indicated about the rollout. WhatsApp users will be able to delete messages that they have either sent to a group or an individual chat.
    Reviewing the Insider Trends for Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD)

Over a month, it has seen its stock price volatility to stay at 2.4% while shortening the period to a week, volatility was 2.66%. The stock is now moving above its 20-Day Simple Moving Average of 4.82% with a 50-Day Simple Moving Average of 8.73 percent.

Breaking News

Recommended

Why Patriots Trading Jimmy Garoppolo To 49ers 'Shocked' Skip Bayless

New England would have had to either place the transition or franchise tag on Garoppolo to keep him from hitting free agency. This move could have happened for a couple reasons. "I want to be a starter, and compete to be a starter".

Bon Ton Stores The (BONT) Trending Activity with Technical Depiction

To measure price-variation, we found BONT's volatility during a week at 62.19% and during a month it has been found around 21.97%. A high ROIC number typically reflects positively on company management while a low number typically reflects the opposite.

First Legitimate iPhone X Impression Videos Surface Online

If you don't have AppleCare+, a screen replacement will run you $279; by comparison, an iPhone 8 screen replacement is just $169. The clip went viral, appearing on the trending page of YouTube and getting reposted by numerous Apple fan sites and forums.

Saudi Arabia becomes first country to grant citizenship to robot

Last month, Saudi Arabia announced that it would open itself to VoIP calling services like Skype and WhatsApp . Non-Saudis are rarely given citizenship , despite the kingdom being the birthplace of many of them.

Amazon Profits Wafer Thin As Revenues Soar, AWS Biggest Contributor

Amazon generated 59 percent of its sales in North America, where it is now scouting a site for a second company headquarters. Amazon sales increased by 34 percent during the third quarter to $43.7 billion, the e-commerce giant reported on Thursday.

IPhone X Is Officially Available for Pre-Order - Place Yours Now

What this means is that you will need to sport a fast trigger finger when you're placing the pre-order for the device. The iPhone X was announced a month ago during Apple's September event alongside the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus .

OnePlus 5T specifications Revealed through Antutu Listing

Yes, this one is going to sting if you've just mustered the courage to buy a OnePlus 5, and I still can't wrap my head around it. But while we are still waiting for it official announcement, OnePlus 5T has surfaced online along with price and specifications.

Pune ODI engulfed in corruption scandal

The hosts are in trial mode, resting players and testing combinations as they have their eyes set on the 2019 World Cup. We have taken a good look at the videos, how they played and from where [lengths] they sweep and things like that.

Animal Crossing Mobile will be revealed this week via Nintendo Direct

We all know that free Android games aren't always free these days, but many of them are very close if you have a little patience. Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp revolves around leaf tickets that are gathered through various activities and completing milestones.

Sam's Grading The Pack Week 7: I Miss The Old Brett

His three rushes for 44 Yards and a touchdown was the only thing keeping him from an even worse grade this week. Should Brett Hundley be the starting quarterback moving forward? His longest completion went for only 14 yards.