• News
  • Money

GOP's tax bill cancels $23 billion in credits claimed by illegal immigrants

Getting rid of this exemption brings in another $1.5 trillion.

The corporate tax rate would be permanently lowered to 20% from 35%, a move Republicans insist will provide rocket fuel for the USA economy to take off.

"The Bush tax cuts did not result in growth or higher wages or more jobs", the reporter asked. There is perhaps no better example of how much this will benefit the rich than that fact that Trump himself would have paid $31 millions less in taxes in 2005 (the one year for which we have his tax returns) without the AMT. The other is that axing this particular deduction raises $1.3 trillion over 10 years, which helps reduce the revenue loss from the bill's massive cuts to business taxes.

However, the bill would allow people to deduct the first $10,000 of local property tax from their federal tax bill.

"Today is the day".

The plan also is expected to include a minimum tax of as much as 15% on future foreign earnings that would no longer be subject to USA taxes to lower the incentive for shifting profits to tax havens.

House Speaker Paul Ryan, a Republican from Wisconsin, boasted that by implementing tax reform most Americans could fill out their taxes on a postcard.

Kevin Brady, chairman of the ways and means committee, appeared to back down entirely, however, on a plan to limit tax-free contributions to retirement savings accounts. Taxpayers can now only deduct interest on the first $500,000 of loans for newly purchased homes, down from $1 million. I will be working with my colleagues in the NY delegation to improve this plan to provide real tax relief for New Yorkers and to address the issue of state and local tax deductions.

The objective of tax reform is to help the economy grow and put more money in individuals' pockets. Currently, the top rates applies to $441,000 for a single person and $467,000 for a couple, according to the Tax Policy Center.

Under the GOP framework, the corporate rate would drop from 35 percent to 20 percent, seven individual tax brackets would be collapsed to three, small businesses would be taxed at 25 percent, and taxes would drop on companies' overseas profits as lure to repatriate them.

"I think the basic thing to say about this tax bill is, like most tax bills, it is very political", Gleckman said.

Reaction among outside groups was mixed.

Grover Norquist, an influential conservative advocate for lower taxes, said: "The tax reform bill is a tax cut and a jobs bill". The key for Ireland, he said, was to remain the most competitive location for United States companies looking at Europe.

The current child tax credit is expanded from $1,000 per child to $1,600 per child.

Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., tweeted an objection: "House #TaxReform plan is only starting point". The bill would increase the deduction's value for a family to $24,000.

The legislation is a longstanding goal for Capitol Hill Republicans who see a once-in-a-generation opportunity to clean up an inefficient, loophole-cluttered tax code.

The corporate tax rate is slashed from 35 percent to 20 percent. Their states already have high taxes.

US multinationals were once seen as big winners because they'll be able to repatriate earnings that have piled up overseas - Apple (AAPL) alone has $246 billion in accumulated foreign profits.

"In 2005, the one year of Trump's taxes we've seen, the Alternative Minimum Tax cost him an extra $31 million", the organization tweeted.

The bill's key benefit for middle-class households, aside from lower income taxes, has been a boost to the so-called standard deduction.

Leave Your Comment

Leave Your Comment

Latest News

• RCPD gives a few safety tips for Halloween trick-or-treaters

RCPD gives a few safety tips for Halloween trick-or-treaters

Customers who wear a Halloween costume to Chipotle any time after 3 p.m. can get a $3 burrito, bowl, salad or order of tacos. Cars - Trick-or-treaters: Keep an eye out for cars and look both ways while trick-or-treating in the dark.
    Wind advisory issued for Sunday

Wind advisory issued for Sunday

We could also see some downed tree branches and potential power outages as we get into Monday and those will pick up further. A coastal storm making its way up the East Coast is expected to bring heavy rainfall and powerful wind gusts to New Jersey.
    Who needs drones when Amazon Key delivers packages into your home?

And Amazon said the deliveries are carried out by drivers who are vetted with background checks and driving record reviews. To deliver your orders even when you are not home you , Amazon thinks of having found the key, or rather the lock.
  • Georgia is first in football rankings — College notes

Georgia is first in football rankings — College notes

Jesse Palmer, a broadcast commentator and analyst for ESPN , said after Ohio State's dramatic 39-38 victory over then-No. Georgia has had a wonderful year to this point and is on a collision course with Alabama in the SEC championship game.
    Analysts See Under Armour, Inc. (NYSE:UAA) Rising 12.8%

On average, equities research analysts forecast that Under Armour, Inc . will post $0.37 EPS for the current year. ( UAA ). The simple moving average is a mathematical calculation that takes the average price (mean) for a given amount of time.
    Google responds to Pixel 2 XL screen burn-in issues

Burn-in, which usually becomes a problem only after several years of activity, can make it hard to see information on the display. Google went for a relatively narrow color gamut to make the colors look more natural, but Android users aren't much used to that.
  • Razer launches the Razer Phone for players

Razer launches the Razer Phone for players

Otherwise, in the portrait mode, the bezels may look out of place if we were to compare it with other revolutionary smartphones. In the engine, the Razer Phone comes fueled by 10nm Snapdragon 835 octa-center processor timed at 2.4GHz and Adreno 540 GPU .

Morning Buzz: Aviragen Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ:AVIR)

When charted, the RSI can serve as a visual means to monitor historical and current strength or weakness in a certain market. Unusual volume can be a major signal that investment gurus and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst.
    First Legitimate iPhone X Impression Videos Surface Online

If you don't have AppleCare+, a screen replacement will run you $279; by comparison, an iPhone 8 screen replacement is just $169. The clip went viral, appearing on the trending page of YouTube and getting reposted by numerous Apple fan sites and forums.
  • Nintendo Switch sells 7.6 million units worldwide

The famous Japanese video games console maker Nintendo Co Ltd.is expecting its highest earnings in seven years. KitGuru says: The Nintendo Switch is certainly doing well for Nintendo .
    Trunk-or-treats in Searcy start this weekend - The Daily Citizen

The Nanticoke City Events Committee will host Trunk or Treat at Greater Nanticoke Area Senior High School from 5 to 7 p.m. The merchants association will give out free glow jewelry and hold costume contests for children ages 15 and under.

Reviewing the Insider Trends for Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD)

Over a month, it has seen its stock price volatility to stay at 2.4% while shortening the period to a week, volatility was 2.66%. The stock is now moving above its 20-Day Simple Moving Average of 4.82% with a 50-Day Simple Moving Average of 8.73 percent.
  • HTC unveiled U11 Life in two versions

HTC unveiled U11 Life in two versions

HTC's approach this year is to take the U11, cut the price and premium-ness by about 50 percent, and create the " HTC U11 Life ". It sports a 12 megapixel Ultra pixel rear sensor with f/1.7 aperture and 8 megapixel front shooter with f/2.0 for selfies.
    World Series Game 6 drew unexpectedly massive ratings, besting even 2016

At 8-1 odds, he could win some serious money if he can find his misplaced gambling marker. Gurriel was showered with boos from the Dodger Stadium crowd as he acknowledged Darvish.
    StormTrack Weather: Another cold front moves in Monday night into Tuesday

This morning our 20s, 30s, and 40s will turn into 60s and 70s this afternoon with sunshine and dry condtions. Our next system approaches Friday , bringing a few showers by late afternoon and early evening.
  • Tesla's worst financial quarter ever pushes back Model 3 deliveries

Tesla's worst financial quarter ever pushes back Model 3 deliveries

Musk said a supplier to the battery factory was partly to blame for the delays . "I would suspect zero", Musk said. Insiders have sold 50,992 shares of company stock worth $17,390,505 in the last ninety days.
    Super Mario Odyssey review: Marvellous Mario embarks on his greatest adventure

Nintendo has released Super Mario Odyssey update 1.0.1 for the Nintendo Switch ( Amazon, $296.00 ) which includes several fixes. These can be collected in almost any order, although some only become available once the initial tasks have been completed.
    Ouachita Parish Sheriff's Office warns parents of sex offenders on Halloween

Police in some towns will follow up with surveillance on the homes of sex offenders to make sure they are in compliance. The website for the statewide sex and violent offender registry is http://www.icrimewatch.net/indiana.php .

Breaking News

Recommended

Opening day of enrollment for federal health insurance marketplace

Officials are downplaying the fact that the subsidies will cover most, if not all, of the increase for many consumers. Cigna Healthcare plans to raise its individual rates by an average 42.1 percent elsewhere in Tennessee next year.

Xiaomi announces new Redmi Y series in India starting at Rs 6999

Both variants run MIUI 9-skinned Android 7.1 Nougat out the box, going on sale exclusively through Amazon.in on November 8. I think Xiaomi should not shift its focus and do what they do best, making quality products at a competitive price point.

Razer announced Razer phone with first ever 120Hz display

Given the 12-to-18-month hardware pipeline, the odds are high that it was in development before Razer's acquisition. Razer is partnering with Square Enix, Tencent and others to provide exciting and competitive gaming to smartphones.

Why Patriots Trading Jimmy Garoppolo To 49ers 'Shocked' Skip Bayless

New England would have had to either place the transition or franchise tag on Garoppolo to keep him from hitting free agency. This move could have happened for a couple reasons. "I want to be a starter, and compete to be a starter".

Here's the new teaser for The Last of Us Part II

Especially not in a post-hospital world like this one. "Clip her wings." is probably going to stick with me for awhile. The execution is delayed when a new hostage shows up, and a boy skilled with the bow and arrow saves them.

Anthony Joshua beats stand-in opponent Carlos Takam in tough fight

Anthony Joshua insists he remains humble and hungry ahead of Saturday's world heavyweight title defence against Carlos Takam. The fight was paused near the start of round 9 as the doctors needed to look at Takam's cuts, who let the fight continue.

Apple fires iPhone X engineer after daughter's hands-on video goes viral

In 2005 Microsoft fired one of its employees after his son leaked photos of the unreleased Xbox 360 on to the world wide web. Peterson's father can be heard saying in the original video that "I did the Apple Pay on that phone, so I wanted to test it".

Issues in the Republican tax plan — Business Report

It was originally designed in the 1980s to be a supplement to pensions plans, not the main way Americans save for retirement. The yearly maximum pre-tax amount allowed for each employee is $18,000, and it is set to increase next year to $18,500.

Amazon Profits Wafer Thin As Revenues Soar, AWS Biggest Contributor

Amazon generated 59 percent of its sales in North America, where it is now scouting a site for a second company headquarters. Amazon sales increased by 34 percent during the third quarter to $43.7 billion, the e-commerce giant reported on Thursday.

IPhone X Is Officially Available for Pre-Order - Place Yours Now

What this means is that you will need to sport a fast trigger finger when you're placing the pre-order for the device. The iPhone X was announced a month ago during Apple's September event alongside the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus .