• News
  • Tech

Razer launches the Razer Phone for players

The Razer Phone features a pair of front-facing stereo speakers with 24-bit DAC and Dolby Atmos audio, with a dedicated amplifier for each, and the whole package being THX certified (which is a smartphone first).

Ten months after acquiring smartphone maker Nextbit, Gaming company Razer has finally revealed its first smartphone device. In the engine, the Razer Phone comes fueled by 10nm Snapdragon 835 octa-center processor timed at 2.4GHz and Adreno 540 GPU. Mr Tan admitted he plays "a ton of games", on smartphones and that they are his go-to device for streaming content. In that position, the Razer Phone's width make it ergonomically efficient, giving me a good, stable grip while rotating the phone around in racing game Asphalt 8 or tapping about in fighting game Tekken.

The super-fast refresh rates of the display help in rendering smooth movements and animations in games.

Razer Phone officially launches in United States for $700.

It'll come running Android 7.1, which will be updated to Oreo in Q1 2018, with the customisable Nova Launcher on top. On the back, it features a dual-camera setup, rocking two 12-megapixel sensors and a dual tone LED flash; one sensor featuring a f/2.6 aperture and the other featuring a f/1.75 aperture. Otherwise, in the portrait mode, the bezels may look out of place if we were to compare it with other revolutionary smartphones.

On to the display - it's a big 5.7in IGZO LCD with a QHD resolution, wide colour gamut and 120Hz refresh rate, just as the rumours said. The new phone features a 6-inch 1440p 18:9 display with minimal bezels - it looks much sleeker than the U11 - and it comes with a more generous 3,930mAh battery too. Apart from that, the phone has dual-lens rear camera with each lens of 12MP and 8MP front camera. Players battling on the Razer Phone will engage in overclocked action and turbocharged team fights, thanks to the device's powerful gaming capabilities.

We took a walk around the internet this morning to see if any tech journalists had managed to get a hands on with the Razer Phone and lo and behold The Verge had. It also opens new avenues for developers like Gameloft to make more console-quality titles for the Android smartphone. The company says the Razer Phone is created to work best in the landscape mode.

On the audio front, the Razer phone seems to have it all set to impress as well. The device starts shipping November 17 while pre-order starts on November 3.

The standard edition of the Razer Phone features a chrome triple-headed snake logo.

Leave Your Comment

Leave Your Comment

Latest News

• Anthony Joshua beats stand-in opponent Carlos Takam in tough fight

Anthony Joshua beats stand-in opponent Carlos Takam in tough fight

Anthony Joshua insists he remains humble and hungry ahead of Saturday's world heavyweight title defence against Carlos Takam. The fight was paused near the start of round 9 as the doctors needed to look at Takam's cuts, who let the fight continue.
    WhatsApp FINALLY lets user delete sent messages, here's how to do it

WABetaInfo , a platform that sends out news related to Whatsapp beta versions had first indicated about the rollout. WhatsApp users will be able to delete messages that they have either sent to a group or an individual chat.
    Issues in the Republican tax plan — Business Report

It was originally designed in the 1980s to be a supplement to pensions plans, not the main way Americans save for retirement. The yearly maximum pre-tax amount allowed for each employee is $18,000, and it is set to increase next year to $18,500.
  • Ouachita Parish Sheriff's Office warns parents of sex offenders on Halloween

Ouachita Parish Sheriff's Office warns parents of sex offenders on Halloween

Police in some towns will follow up with surveillance on the homes of sex offenders to make sure they are in compliance. The website for the statewide sex and violent offender registry is http://www.icrimewatch.net/indiana.php .

Saudi Arabia becomes first country to grant citizenship to robot

Last month, Saudi Arabia announced that it would open itself to VoIP calling services like Skype and WhatsApp . Non-Saudis are rarely given citizenship , despite the kingdom being the birthplace of many of them.
    Trunk-or-treats in Searcy start this weekend - The Daily Citizen

The Nanticoke City Events Committee will host Trunk or Treat at Greater Nanticoke Area Senior High School from 5 to 7 p.m. The merchants association will give out free glow jewelry and hold costume contests for children ages 15 and under.
  • Analysts See Under Armour, Inc. (NYSE:UAA) Rising 12.8%

Analysts See Under Armour, Inc. (NYSE:UAA) Rising 12.8%

On average, equities research analysts forecast that Under Armour, Inc . will post $0.37 EPS for the current year. ( UAA ). The simple moving average is a mathematical calculation that takes the average price (mean) for a given amount of time.

Reviewing the Insider Trends for Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD)

Over a month, it has seen its stock price volatility to stay at 2.4% while shortening the period to a week, volatility was 2.66%. The stock is now moving above its 20-Day Simple Moving Average of 4.82% with a 50-Day Simple Moving Average of 8.73 percent.
    Google Faces Pixel 2 Disaster

Google Faces Pixel 2 Disaster

UBreakiFix now has over 335 retail locations and the company says they've fixed tens of thousands of Pixel smartphones already. We were also told that two of these devices will be considered "premium", while the third will fit into the "high" end tier.
  • Georgia is first in football rankings — College notes

Georgia is first in football rankings — College notes

Jesse Palmer, a broadcast commentator and analyst for ESPN , said after Ohio State's dramatic 39-38 victory over then-No. Georgia has had a wonderful year to this point and is on a collision course with Alabama in the SEC championship game.
    Wind advisory issued for Sunday

Wind advisory issued for Sunday

We could also see some downed tree branches and potential power outages as we get into Monday and those will pick up further. A coastal storm making its way up the East Coast is expected to bring heavy rainfall and powerful wind gusts to New Jersey.
    OnePlus 5T specifications Revealed through Antutu Listing

Yes, this one is going to sting if you've just mustered the courage to buy a OnePlus 5, and I still can't wrap my head around it. But while we are still waiting for it official announcement, OnePlus 5T has surfaced online along with price and specifications.
  • Bon Ton Stores The (BONT) Trending Activity with Technical Depiction

To measure price-variation, we found BONT's volatility during a week at 62.19% and during a month it has been found around 21.97%. A high ROIC number typically reflects positively on company management while a low number typically reflects the opposite.

Nintendo Switch sells 7.6 million units worldwide

The famous Japanese video games console maker Nintendo Co Ltd.is expecting its highest earnings in seven years. KitGuru says: The Nintendo Switch is certainly doing well for Nintendo .
    Who needs drones when Amazon Key delivers packages into your home?

And Amazon said the deliveries are carried out by drivers who are vetted with background checks and driving record reviews. To deliver your orders even when you are not home you , Amazon thinks of having found the key, or rather the lock.
  • Here's the new teaser for The Last of Us Part II

Here's the new teaser for The Last of Us Part II

Especially not in a post-hospital world like this one. "Clip her wings." is probably going to stick with me for awhile. The execution is delayed when a new hostage shows up, and a boy skilled with the bow and arrow saves them.
    Favorable trick or treat weather; showers/storms likely Wednesday

There should be another cold front arriving Thursday , which will cool things off a bit for the end of the week. Wednesday will be partly sunny with a slight chance of showers and highs agains in the mid 50s.
    RCPD gives a few safety tips for Halloween trick-or-treaters

Customers who wear a Halloween costume to Chipotle any time after 3 p.m. can get a $3 burrito, bowl, salad or order of tacos. Cars - Trick-or-treaters: Keep an eye out for cars and look both ways while trick-or-treating in the dark.

Breaking News

Recommended

World Series Game 6 drew unexpectedly massive ratings, besting even 2016

At 8-1 odds, he could win some serious money if he can find his misplaced gambling marker. Gurriel was showered with boos from the Dodger Stadium crowd as he acknowledged Darvish.

Super Mario Odyssey review: Marvellous Mario embarks on his greatest adventure

Nintendo has released Super Mario Odyssey update 1.0.1 for the Nintendo Switch ( Amazon, $296.00 ) which includes several fixes. These can be collected in almost any order, although some only become available once the initial tasks have been completed.

Morning Buzz: Aviragen Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ:AVIR)

When charted, the RSI can serve as a visual means to monitor historical and current strength or weakness in a certain market. Unusual volume can be a major signal that investment gurus and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst.

StormTrack Weather: Another cold front moves in Monday night into Tuesday

This morning our 20s, 30s, and 40s will turn into 60s and 70s this afternoon with sunshine and dry condtions. Our next system approaches Friday , bringing a few showers by late afternoon and early evening.

First Legitimate iPhone X Impression Videos Surface Online

If you don't have AppleCare+, a screen replacement will run you $279; by comparison, an iPhone 8 screen replacement is just $169. The clip went viral, appearing on the trending page of YouTube and getting reposted by numerous Apple fan sites and forums.

Apple fires iPhone X engineer after daughter's hands-on video goes viral

In 2005 Microsoft fired one of its employees after his son leaked photos of the unreleased Xbox 360 on to the world wide web. Peterson's father can be heard saying in the original video that "I did the Apple Pay on that phone, so I wanted to test it".

Google responds to Pixel 2 XL screen burn-in issues

Burn-in, which usually becomes a problem only after several years of activity, can make it hard to see information on the display. Google went for a relatively narrow color gamut to make the colors look more natural, but Android users aren't much used to that.

Amazon Profits Wafer Thin As Revenues Soar, AWS Biggest Contributor

Amazon generated 59 percent of its sales in North America, where it is now scouting a site for a second company headquarters. Amazon sales increased by 34 percent during the third quarter to $43.7 billion, the e-commerce giant reported on Thursday.

IPhone X Is Officially Available for Pre-Order - Place Yours Now

What this means is that you will need to sport a fast trigger finger when you're placing the pre-order for the device. The iPhone X was announced a month ago during Apple's September event alongside the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus .

Microsoft Discontinues Production of the Kinect

That meant getting the console at its most expensive time, as well as being force-bundled with the Kinect . Although production of the Kinect has been halted, it will continue to be used for different purposes.